Wednesday, January 07, 2015

Memories #12

Glass Animals - Zaba

I've been skiing in the snow since I was six years old. It's one of the few things in this life that provide both a rush of excitement and a feeling of transcendence at the same time. Like so many other aspects of my life, when I think about a certain instance or situation, I can hear a soundtrack floating through the scene. Or when I listen to a song, I can place it amongst certain memories or feelings that I have within. This is the soundtrack of our lives, right? It's just another way that music penetrates through our awareness and immerses to carry deeper meaning. When I think about the exhilaration and beauty of downhill skiing, I can hear a groove that flows like a dream, soft and airy like the dancing shadow of a bird coasting across the earth, but also pushing with a force against the grain, sliding along an invisible path that flexes from the pressure. Zaba, this album from Glass Animals, definitely works in that scene. The melody lifts and I close my eyes, see my body bend and move in a waltz with the mountain, fluid and effortless, as I carve the slopes up.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home