Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Memories #7

Sylvan Esso - Sylvan Esso

So, I've been playing fantasy sports for about twenty years now. Long before it became such a national pastime. When I was younger, checking out the stats and watching for trends was something that always brought me a sense of relief, I would say is probably the best way to describe it. In a complicated world where I had plenty of difficulty understanding how to relate to other human beings, these columns of numbers were completely lacking in confusion. It became my little obsessive compulsive twerk, because everyone in the modern western world can relate to obsessive compulsive behavior in some way. Well, now that I'm an adult, I don't need to self-medicate so frequently, or not in that way, at least. I still play fantasy football, as many know, and it's grown into something a little more than just a fun distraction. This year, my beautiful wife, Xtina, my brother-n-law, Rick, and I started a website focused on providing fantasy football information for the masses. The motto for our little company was 'Play It Right', as in we're here to help you play the game right. That motto came directly from Sylvan Esso's first album. Whenever I heard the song, Play It Right, it would fill me with a sense of purpose toward our endeavor. It helped me feel like I was doing something important for me and my partners, even if it's just providing a little fantasy football advice.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home